Places for the Turists
 
PLACES   FOR  TOURISTS WILD LIFE REST   HOUSES

Kelzer

There is a Varad Vinayak’s   (Lord Ganesh ) temple at Kelzer which is also known as one of the Ganesh temple from Ashtavinayaka in Vidarbha region. The Sculpture of Lord Ganesha is found in the past period of Arya.

Vishwa Shanti Stup

Click to enlargeIn 1935, Fuji Guruji from Japan came to Wardha and met Mahatma Gandhi. He put the wish to setup the Stups (Prayer place for of Budha Community) in India. Gandhi agreed his desire and then after Stanti Stups were built at eight different places in India. One of that Vishwa Shanti Stup is found in Wardha. This Stup is constructed with the help of Japan in 1995. On the Stup the architecture is available describing the history of Lord Goutam Budha.

Gitai Mandir (Temple)

Click to enlargeClick to enlargeThis is the mandir where Vinoba’s Gitai became perpetual. Vinoba Bhave translated the Bagwat Gita in the book Gitai. For this purpose number of polished stones are brought from different places and arranged vertically in shape of cow and 18 ‘Shlokas’ (sections) of the Gita are engraved on it. This temple is unlike to the general temple. It has no ceiling, no walls.

Beside the mandir, permanent exhibition is arranged in Shanti Kuti in memory of Mahatma Gandhi and Jamnalal Bajaj.

Gandhi Gyan Mandir

Click to enlargeIt is a public library opposite to Bajajwadi.  Various books written by Mahatma Gandhi and books written on him are available here. In addition this, the valuable collection of literature, Economics, Politics, Social Sciences and other subject can be referred.

The foundation stone of the Gyan Mandir was laid by Dr. Rajendra Prasad in 1950, and it was inaugurated by Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru in 1954.

Sewagram - Bapu Kuti

Click to enlargeMahatma Gandhi came  Wardha in the year 1934. On the request by late jamnalalji Bajaj, he selected the Segaon village for his Ashram or Kuti. Later this village renamed as Sewagram. Mahatma Gandhi continued his freedom movement from this ashram. Various articles , needy things used by Gandhi are kept here as it is. The premises of the Ashram having the Adi Niwas, Ba Kuti (Shelter of Kasturba Gandhi), Akhri Niwas, Mahadeo Kuti, Kishor Kuti and other historical places maintaining as its original status by the trusty of  the Ashram.

Permanent Photo exhibition of the Gandhi is there near the Ashram.

Tourism and Development Department of Government of India have started the guest house beside the ashram for staying the visiters.

In memory of Gandhi, Kasturba Hospital is established here in year 1944. Beside this, on 12thAugust 1969, Dr. Sushila Nayar had started the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College in Sewagram. 

Paunar - Paramdham Ashram

Click to enlargeClick to enlargeParamdham Ashram is established by Acharya Vinoba Bhave in the year 1934 on the bank of river Dham in Paunar village five miles way from Wardha. Vinobaji longed for self-realisation and left home in search of ‘Brahma’. Further he thought, Gandhiji’s Ashram would show the light he aspired for and so joined it.

After an inner call, he left Paunar and initiated unending Padayatra,  the march for Gramdan and Bhoodan (Donation of land for landless peoples).

Click to enlargeThe idea of Brahma Vidya was crystallised in 1958 during his morning walks with his associates. Vinobaji recognized that the real freedom can come to a group mind, working through the group. However, ‘Bharat Chhode’ movement is also continued from this ashram with his leadership.

The river Dhan flows in Paunar in which Gandhiji’s asthi were desoved.

Bor Dam

In Selu Taluka, village Bori is 32 K.M. away from Wardha. A dam is constructed on river Bor near village. The premises of Dam is having the beautiful garden and there is a reserve forest developed by declaring it as tourist place. This place is full of flora and fauna having hills with dense forest over there.

Hue en sang Dhamma camp centre & Stup

Click to enlargeIn the Bor Dam premises, this Dhamma camp centre  and Stup is established near Bor water storage in Selu Tahasil on a hilly area. The financial aid is supported to construct this Dhamma Kendra by Taiwan and England.

Every year camp is held here. Many foreigners visits this place . The architecture of Stup is so beautiful that the statues of Lord Goutam Buddha in various expressions can be seen here.

Garpit

This village in Karanja Tahasil, is near by dense forest so called forest village 64 KM away from Wardha city. Various animals can be observed in forest. The natural scenes can watch from available forest guest house on the hill.

Girad

Click to enlargeGirad is 59 KM away from Wardha and it is in Samudrapur Tahasil. There is a Tomb of Shaikh Farid baba a famous sant of Muslim. It is also tell that, the sant is in standing reverse position and doing the prayer. The temple of Lord Ram is also there on bank of a lake near the sant’s tomb. On the Ram Nawami festival, huge yaatra helds here. Also in the ten days period of festival Muharram, religious integrity can be seen here.

Dhaga

This forest village is situated on mountains of Satpuda hill ranges near the sub river of Dham. Near about 3 KM away from this place , a temple of Lord shiva is surrounded by Caves. Huge fair is arranges here on the festival Mahashivaratri. It is also a tourist place in Wardha district. 

Magan Sangrahalaya (Museum)

Click to enlargeIt is in the middle of the Wardha city. The museum is inaugurated on 30th December 1938 by Mahatma Gandhi. It has been developed by well known expert of Gandhian economic system, Dr. J.C. Kumarappa and Aaryanayakam whose extensive efforts brought forward the village industries and Village development concept.

Rashtra Bhasha Prachar Samiti

This institution was started in 1936 in Wardha under the Presidentship of Dr. Rajendra Prasad, as a result of a resolution of the Hindi Sahitya Sammelan at its Nagpur session.

The Rashtra Bhasha Prachar Samiti conducts Hindi examinations all over India and has published books of learning the national language. It is taking efforts to promote Hindi-our national language

Laxmi Narayana Mandir (Temple)

Click to enlargeClick to enalrgeThis is a temple of God-goddesses Lord Vishnu and Laxmi. It is big temple built in the 1905. Inner side of the temple is constructed with marble. Late Jamnalal have opened the temple in 19th July 1928 for ‘Harihans’ (lower caste peoples). Near the temple a medical shop is opened free for poor people. Various books of Sansrit, Prakrit, and Ved, Upnishades, Bhagwat in Hindi languages are available in the temples library. A guest house of the truest is there near the Railway Station.

Bajajwadi

It is the residence of the late Shri Jamnalal Bajaj who played the host to all the national leaders during the freedom struggle, more specially, at the time of the Congress Working Committee meetings at Wardha. In the Guest House attached to Bajajwadi, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Sarojini Nayadu, Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan, Dr. Subhash Chandra Bose used to stay during their visits to Wardha for meeting Gandhiji. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru generally stayed in the main Bajajwadi bungalow.

During the pre-Independence period. Lunches and dinners were arranged in the back side open space of the main building. All the national leaders used to take food in the Indian style, sitting on the floor.        

Ashti

Click to enlargeAshti is Tahasil Head quarter place. There is a centre of Arti Mandal of Saint Tukdoji Maharaj. Ashti had created a important place in Indian History. The Independence struggle from which it has participated in ‘Bharat Chhodo’ (Leave India) movement on 16th August 1942 on Nagpanchami festival. Lot of peoples had given their lives to get the freedom. Every year Hutatma din is celebrating on occasion of Nagpanchami festival.

Sonegaon (Aabaji)

Sonegaon in Deoli Tahasil is 7 KM away from Dahegaon (Rly) station on Nagpur-Mumbai railway line. Here we can find the articles of old Houses, temples of God Krishna, Laxmi-Narayana, Monument of Abaji Maharaj in memory of which huge fair is held on Ashadhi and Kartiki Ekadashi.

Kapshi

Click to enlargeThis village is situated on the bank of river Wardha in Hinganghat Tahasil from 34 KM away from Wardha. Saint Nanaji Maharaj had built a beautiful temple of Laxmi Narayan in year 1890. The sculture of the god is made from black stones of 91 c.m. in hight.

Koteshwar

It is in Deoli Tahasil and 40 KM away from Wardha. It is believed the the Ramayana rishi Vashishta have arragned Koti yadnya here. This place is on the north bank of the river Wardha on which there is a 'Hemadpanthi' temple of Lord Shiva. The sand near by place of temple is resembles with the Bhasma in Yadnya. Therefore this place became  pious for pilgrims like Kashi.

Pothara

Pothra Dam in Hinganghat Tahasil is 65 KM away from Wardha. The premises of the Dam is very beautiful and natural. Various types of bird arrives here. The Water reservoir is with the same level of land. Therefore government had proposed to provide the facility of Rest houses, Water game, Garden, Toilets.

Pardi

This place is situated on the bank of river Vena in Hinganghat Taluka and it is 28 KM away from Wardha. Huge fair is held at the old temple of Lord Murlidhar from Gokulashtami festival in memory of Sant Nagaji Maharaj.

Pohana

Pohana is on the bank o river Wardha in Hinganghat and at the north side 50 KM away from Wardha. It is told that the Pohana is settled by Prithvi sen the grandson of Pravarsen (First) and son of Rudrasen. Old temple of Rudrasencan be found here. It is belived that Prithvisen had built this temple in memory of his father.

Mandgaon

Mandgaon in Samudrapur Tahasil is 31 KM away from North-East side of Wardha. It is situated on the joining place of three rivers viz. Vena, Wardha and Yashoda. It is believed that the name Mandgaon is due to Sant Mando was staying here for long time. Few places such as temple of Murlidhar, Tomb of Muslim sage, and the holly place of Sant Brahmapure can be visited. The villagers celebrates the festivals of Hindu Aashadhi Ekadashi, Gokul Ashtami, Ramnavami etc.

Mahakali

This is holly place of Goddesses Mahakali in Arvi Tahasil 35 KM 35 KM from Wardha city.  The Mahakali Dam is developed on the river Dham.  The river is originated from the hills of Garamsur on the Kharangana-Kondhali route. The Mahakali temple built on the bottom side of the Dam. The valuable and dense green forest surrounding the water storage attracts the tourists. Staying facility for the pilgrims is available here. Government had promoted it as a tourist place by providing the Rest Houses, gardens, Water boating  etc to attract the tourists.

Hinganghat

Click to enlargeIt is a Taluka Head quarter of the district on Delhi-Chennai railway line. 55 KM from Wardha. The river Vena flows near the city. The old temple of Malhari-Martand is developed by Dadoba Borkar, the Sardar of Bhosale in memory of his mother in the period 1792-1805. The required stones for the temple construction are brought from Varora, Bhandak, Bhatala and other places. The construction is completed under supervision of some architecture from Rajasthan with tremendous efforts. The design of the sculptures on temple memorizes the events in Ramayana and Mahabharata.

Bansilal Kochar had developed the Jain temple in 1955 which one of the beautiful temple of Vidarbha region.  The decoration of the temples used the glass materials to extend the beatification.

 

 

MLA/MLC/MP STs Schedule Railways Schedule Telephone Nos. Photo Gallery