In the 19th century, the need for increased agricultural production to feed the growing population began to be felt. The Department of Agriculture was established in 1883 on the recommendation of the Feminine Commission of 1881. The work was started with the objective of providing necessary assistance from the government for increasing the productivity in agriculture in the rural areas by including all the departments related to the agricultural sector. Until 1907, the Agriculture and Land Records departments were working together. After the promising results of the experiment of the then Director of Agriculture, Mr. Keating, in 1915-16, soil conservation work started from 1922. Since the enactment of the Land Reform Act, 1942, various land reform works have been implemented by the Department of Agriculture. In 1943, the then government for the first time formulated a comprehensive agricultural policy for agriculture considering the problems in agriculture and other ancillary sectors. According to this policy, water was used as irrigation for agricultural production. At this stage, many schemes were devised to boost the development of agriculture. Quality seed production started from 1957 through Taluka Bijgunan Kendra. During this period, emphasis was laid on increasing the area under irrigation along with the expansion of area under cultivation. In the year 1961-62, a special campaign was launched for the use of chemical fertilizers.
District Agriculture Superintendent Agriculture Officer — ०७१५२-२४३३२३/२३२४४९